October 31, 2013

I Directed Something! - "Deep Focus" for DCFC

I have no real interest in directing. I don't know much about the craft nor is it my goal to become a director. However, every once in a while, one has to get outside his or her comfort zone and play around a bit. That's exactly what I did with "Deep Focus," my submission to the SLC Demon Chaser Film Challenge.

I assembled much the same team (plus a few key additions) for this project as I did for this year's 48-Hour Film Project.

We knocked out principal photography in one day and rounded it out with a few hours of pickup shots. Then it was off for some editing and music before making its way into the hands of the festival producers.


Deep Focus from Connor Rickman on Vimeo.

As this was my first foray into the horror genre, we didn't win any awards but we did place high enough to be added to an anthology feature made from 10 of this year's horror shorts. Said feature should be available next Halloween on Zombie.TV


No comments:

Post a Comment

Typed words from individuals with computers.