May 12, 2010

The Joys of Casting...

It's been a busy few weeks. I've auditioned for every Theatre Dept. show at the University of Utah and I moved out of my parent's basement. I'll also be auditioning for "Taming of the Shrew" this week at Salt Lake Shakespeare and for "Hamlet" and "Bram Stoker's Dracula" at Pioneer Theatre Company. It's the least I can do to deal with all my "ACTING TALENT!"

The cast list for the Theatre Dept. shows was supposed to be posted last week but apparently there have been developments. I quote...

This is a casting update. I apologise, I always forget how anxious this process makes people. So here's the scoop: Chuck is auditioning for "Hamlet" and "Dracula" on May 20th and 21st. Then he is going to work on putting the casts together and get back to me with his Intern desires. Once he has done that Hugh, Ron, Xan and I can formalise our casts and post. So news will be out by the end of the month not before. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Oh the joys of being an actor. Nothing ever happens when you want it to, and when it does, something unexpected comes up. The constant guessing game is stressful, but if you're willing to deal with it, you will be rewarded. I hope I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typed words from individuals with computers.