November 24, 2009

Don Giovanni: Wrapped! (mostly)

For the month of November, every weekend I have been involved somehow with the Dada Factory's latest film, "The Tale of Don Giovanni: That Indomitable Hipster."

Rightfully so, as I am the film's producer and one of the actors as well. The most credit should be given to Davey Davis, the writer and director for this film who managed to organize some amazing things to make it all possible. After 3 parties, several sponsorship deals, partnerships with Anarchist organizations and a wicked Alleycat bike race we have finished shooting the film... almost.

So there are one or two more shots to get before we're completely done, then comes the editing and promoting and attempts at distribution but we'll cross those bridges when we come to them.

Here's a video preview of the first shoot we did. That beautiful rack focus was done by me with a Rebel T1i.

The Tale of Don Giovanni: That Indomitable Hipster Teaser- Painting the Ghostbike from Dada Factory on Vimeo.

Here are a few pictures I managed to snag with my iPhone while shooting.


From Don Giovanni Bobsled Trail and Party
Director Davey Davis and Script Supervisor Simon Williams


From Don Giovanni Bobsled Trail and Party
2nd Camera Operator / Production Sound Man Colin McDermott


From Don Giovanni Bobsled Trail and Party
Script Supervisor Simon Williams

From Don Giovanni Bobsled Trail and Party
I found this guy named Jim Heiner who's good at everything film related. I'm glad I have him on my team now, he assembled that jib you see in front of him.

From Don Giovanni Bobsled Trail and Party
My father, filling in for the absent boom operator.

Eventually this film will be edited and completed but for now I must focus my efforts on finishing up my latest project, "Dork to Dork" with director Rebecca Mabey. Soon after I will be appearing in yet another short directed by my longtime friend and co-writer Colin McDermott. After both of these comes 48 Hour Film Project's International Shootout, maybe I'll be done for a while after that...yeah right!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for all your help man!
    your filming schedule for the next several weeks is intense! good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete

Typed words from individuals with computers.