June 11, 2010

Cast!

Exciting news everyone!

I have been cast in the University of Utah's upcoming production of "Hay Fever" where I will be playing the role of Richard Greatham. If you recall my previous post The Joys of Casting I recount my experience waiting for the casting decision to be made. Well my patience has paid off and I shall return to the stage this fall.

However that's not all I'll be doing for the show. I'm also a proud recipient of the Theatre Department's Margetts Scholarship which pays me to create a dramaturgical packet for a University show. Therefore I will be researching everything possible for this delightful sitting room comedy and get credited in the program as an actor and as Dramaturg.

This is the sort of theatre that excites me. The sort where I'm not limited to my one role but instead getting my hands dirty in all aspects of the show. My good friend Christine Moore is the stage manager so perhaps I can turn a few wrenches as well!

"Hay Fever" runs November 5-7 and November 10-14, come support me in both my jobs as well as a fantastic cast and crew. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typed words from individuals with computers.