July 24, 2010

LARP Read Through - Let's make this film!

From So Many Readings
The LARP creative team diligently reads.

A few days ago I had the pleasure of reading a very funny script with a group of friends. My former Theatre School co-teacher Nick Dunn teamed up with his friend Ehren Remal to write a hilarious script.

From So Many Readings
Nick's brother Colby Dunn going over the storyboards.

The story follows an MFA Writing student as he tutors an undergraduate and soon learns of the wonderful world of Live Action Role Play. Prophecies, ancient relics and legendary weapons swirl together in a blend of imagination and reality and build to a literally fantastic and climactic battle.

Due to the number of bit parts in the script and the limited number of chairs around the table, I was reading several roles including a blacksmith, rouge soldier, and the town magistrate. I tried to make them all as different as possible although I'm sure a few of them just sounded like slightly altered versions of myself.

From So Many Readings

Sarah was with me as well, reading for Cindel, who is described in the script as a personification of Princess Zelda. How appropriate.

From So Many Readings
A couple of my students from YTU were there as well. Dylan Vessel and Max Huftalin were playing characters named Max and Dylan respectively. Guess they wanted to change it up a little.

Everything at the read went very well and I just received the 30 page business plan for the film today! I've already been emailing it to all my hook-ups in the industry because I want this film to get made so bad. Never have I read a script and felt like the story couldn't survive without the film version being produced. Therefore if you're interested in investing, don't hesitate to call or email me, I'll send the business plan to you right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typed words from individuals with computers.